Monday, June 8, 2009

Sharing good-byes

Farewell, James Guzman.

You were undoubtedly the proudest Indian I ever met. You always had something to say, which was neither wise nor made sense, but was usually miraculously uplifting. Whenever I though I had a hard row to hoe, James, you came in and talked about drug addiction and shitty people and disappointment with a sort of cheery tone that made me forget that I was upset in the first place.

I also realize that you never complained. Ever. Things happen. People disappoint. Shit happens. It is the relentless flow of life that keeps coming, and there are two major choices: the bank or the swim upstream. James, you have chosen the swim, and I have extreme admiration for you.

With you gone, I'll have to learn to complain less, love more, and just learn from my frustration, otherwise your absence will be hard felt.

No comments:

Post a Comment