Sunday, May 31, 2009

Sharing sordid details about men like me

None of this was true one year ago, just as I graduated from college:

Men like me wake up early.
Men like me go to the gym more than three times a week, religiously.
Men like me are perfectly happy alone, single.
Men like me don't get involved in other peoples' relationships.
Men like me eat responsibly.
Men like me make it to the farmer's market every Saturday morning.
Men like me are able to keep a plant alive.
Men like me drink lots and lots of water.
Men like me save money.

Although, some things will always be true:

Men like me drink rosé as long as it's crisp and dry.
Men like me set the table and light candles for certain dinners alone.
Men like me cut and arrange beautiful flowers and put them on the kitchen table.
Men like me spend money on impulse.
Men like me try to star in karaoke night.
Men like me become dangerously self-absorbed.
Men like me don't feel right until they look right.
Men like me choose very strange people to love.

Anyway, I feel like a lot has changed, and I'm not sure if this feeling is obvious to anyone but me. I'll ask around.

No comments:

Post a Comment